Always Anime Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Thread 1

4 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chat Thread 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Chat Thread 1

Post by Resh1138 Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:30 am

I wound up going with a gambler scoundrel build; nearly useless in a fight but can easily rake in about 10k a bet when allowed to gamble in cantinas in between combat sessions; the character won the party a light freighter(in similar manner to how Han got the falcon) with a simple pazzak game bet at the start of the last session

Still would rather not have to use this character but until the gm gets his shit together about not caving into new players demanding effectively character deaths of longer than shotgun ranged fighters then guess I’ll need to adapt and troll those noobs with forcing filler arcs of us gm mass gamblers(the other gm player joined me in the tactics about halfway through the session that character was added)
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 am

Was very busy lately sorry for not being here..

A gambler..I like that thought of you being one ..XD
wow..so the gm still has his shorts in a twist,,bummer
Troll those noobs...sounds like they are a bunch of whiney asses...
mass gambling...is it effectively working to wear them down ??? can you enslave one and bet them ???..I love it if some how it happened ..."your wager sir ..??? ..1 noob,minus his armor" ..XD
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Basically in the last session I used those noobs characters in a bet and intentionally lost the bet and now their characters are slaves to a hutt

The gm actually was on my side when they went full bitch mode after loosing their characters to a intentional low roll and said that it’s only fair after all the shit they did
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:04 pm

So yea pretty sure I’ll get to use any character type I want in the next session just so long as I stop using that gambler character around them
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:14 am

Awesome on the noob bet !!
Nice!!! ....you get your guy after all !!
heheh..just mention when the natives get restless that your fingers are itching to roll a few dice in a gambling house....XD

Did you have anymore sessions lately ??? is there a special one over the holidays that is seasonal themed ???
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Had a special session last night but it wasn’t exclusively  holiday themed(the characters crash landed on a goblin slayer inspired world and had to survive until Santa showed up to retcon the session out of the game)

Basically the session will be treated as a filler arc and never referenced again

Also within the special session a few characters fell prey to goblins so thus we shall not be treating any xp or other effects from it as canon
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Merry Christmas !!

Sounds like it was pretty good...I've not seen Goblin Slayer just yet ,,so not to sure what you could do or was done character wise in your session...but will fix that very soon....

..."kay-"kay...still fillers can be fun from time to time...
..yeah that part I do understand...

NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:38 pm

So yea next session won’t be for a couple of weeks

Hopefully there will be less deaths and stuff in the next one but given the party composition (1 scout(sniper), 2 Jedi healers, 1 scoundrel (pilot) , 1 soldier(swordsman)) I highly doubt the death count won’t go the same as the holiday session if we ever face a swarm of foes in cqc again
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm

umm...'kay...ya..sounds like it may be,,any way you could add a few new players with different characters into your party..or is it set at X amount .???..you know like in DnD max amount for a quest is I think 8,and to start one you need at least 3...that kind of thing....
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm

I'm doing subbing work !!,,helping a group put out releases!!
I'm very happy about it...!
But..I'll still will be doing stuff for here..so no worries !!

*** I've not posted much simply because of health issues....
I seem to work at an even slower rate than normal when not well....Sorry about that,,,hopefully good health will visit me in this coming year.. ***
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

NekoNeko wrote:umm...'kay...ya..sounds like it may be,,any way you could add a few new players with different characters into your party..or is it set at X amount .???..you know like in DnD max amount for a quest is I think 8,and to start one you need at least 3...that kind of thing....
unless the dm/gm wants to give me another player character slot(do two at once rather than the normal 1 per player limit) there likely won't be any real way to fix it cause the new players seem to hate having a dm controlled pc around and tend to attack that character cause they're greedy assholes

i can easily min-max a heavy weapon using tank build character for the second slot and thus cover the lack of firepower we have currently
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm

See if you can do that ...otherwise...the whole lot of you will be crushed again ...and that takes all the fun out of it...
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:24 pm

NekoNeko wrote:See if you can do that ...otherwise...the whole lot of you will be crushed again ...and that takes all the fun out of it...
so i managed to get him to allow me another character(he actually depending upon necessity allow me a third slot(character will be finished before next session(will be a form VII(juyo/vaapad(the one mace windu used)) lightsaber user) so as to prevent a party wipe and will be a level 15 character(7 Jedi levels, 5 Jedi knight, 3 Jedi master)

the rest of the party is about level 11 and not one of those 2 "jedi healers" actually took the combat focused jedi knight prestige class(they took force disciple prestige levels for extra force healing talents) so basically they for the last few levels have been in a class that gives +3/4 base attack bonus instead of going into the full +1 per level base attack bonus class
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Excellent !!...sounds much more stable at that....
was the session better when you played after the changes,,,if all went well and game time planned out ,,should be pretty good over all ...
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:07 pm

...I've been working on Patalliro ,,,two eps are out..(not allowed to post links just yet ..sorry)..though once all done pretty sure a "T" will be made...
I plan on doing the old series "Lady Georgie" I found Italian subs ,,which I will translate,possibly re-time if necessary...
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:21 pm

NekoNeko wrote:Excellent !!...sounds much more stable at that....
was the session better when you played after the changes,,,if all went well and game time planned out ,,should be pretty good over all ...
it wasn't much more stable; turns out even giving me the extra stuff needed to balance the odds wasn't enough to keep those noobs from setting off a shaped charge that i had placed(was making ied minefield for a later boss encounter and they set it off in a first wave of npc minor enemies encounter) while they were standing in the blast radius

i try to play smartly and they fubar the encounter and thus made the boss fight that followed a ton harder than it was supposed to be(had to spend the first 4 rounds providing medical treatment to those characters instead of firing rounds from my grenade launcher)
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:22 pm

*palms faces* ...newbies..gesh..!...
thankfully you got what you need to at least make a good run of it ...
think any will follow-up on  the learning curve and start coping how you deal with certain encounters ..???

EDIT :: that "curse was changed to curve as it should have been in the first place....XD

Last edited by NekoNeko on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:39 pm

NekoNeko wrote:*palms faces* ...newbies..gesh..!...
thankfully you got what you need to at least make a good run of it ...
think any will follow-up on  the learning curse and start coping how you deal with certain encounters ..???
well until those players bring their new characters into the group i doubt they will have changed much

seriously they run straight into a barely covered set of fused artillery shells and start swinging at a cl 1 basic enemy and hit the one thing they were supposed to avoid with their lightsabers

i actually in game had my soldier character comment on the stupidity of their charge after they watched him lay the traps(bombs) but a in game 5 minutes earlier
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:44 pm

Wow....they are truly dense...
Maybe its a good thing to let them just die...seems like trying to keep them alive is becoming a waste of time
..might need to ride rough shod and do an in game step by step on where they need to be and what not to be in range of or what not to step on kind of thing .....
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 pm

The blame at this point is split between the new players for not learning how to not go full retard and that gm for not doing practice sessions with them prior to bringing them to the main group sessions

Cause the rest of the players are getting sick of having to stop and recover the new characters those players bring in every few sessions cause of deaths/critical injuries
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 pm

Awww....so green green green newbies ..I had thought they were just new ..as in "I'm on a new team" ...not what it played out as ...

Did it get any better yet ???
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Not really getting much better; just getting to the point where some of the group is considering leaving until the gm gets them up to a decent play level

I’ll probably start running a campaign and tell the other gm to consider his as a alternate non-canon campaign in order to prevent a full group breakdown
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:39 pm

That sounds more than reasonable,,,at least it gives the more advance plays a reason to stay rather than just leave and be the end of it ...
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Resh1138 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:08 pm

NekoNeko wrote:That sounds more than reasonable,,,at least it gives the more advance plays a reason to stay rather than just leave and be the end of it ...
so it looks like I might not be able to do any sessions next week cause of the snowstorm that’s coming late tonight

I would normally consider doing a session over roll20 or some other online methods but not sure how the internet might hold given that some players in the group have pretty shitty internet speed
Resh1138
Resh1138

Back to top Go down

Post by NekoNeko Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm

We have the same warning going up....here 38cm of snow +high winds by the evening tomorrow ...I'll get in a few extras early in the morning,,,just in case.....

This winter is a crazy one ...!

Yeah ..I think you're best to do that,,they'll be a lot of power outages and rotating brown outs...with it for sure...
NekoNeko
NekoNeko
Admin.
Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next